Elegant Beauty Drill Bit Size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DKF

I just received the Elegant Beauty and I am aware that it is either a 9mm or 9.1mm bit....Does that bit crossover to any other bits from any other kits? ie...Jr. Gent lower barrel bit, etc? Thanks...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

Who makes Elegant Beauty? There are so many different pens names just so slightly different.

Arizona Silhouette has a Elegant American Ball point which uses a letter "O" drill. Wood craft's Hart is the same pen.

Bill Daniels [8D]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by avbill

Who makes Elegant Beauty? There are so many different pens names just so slightly different.

Arizona Silhouette has a Elegant American Ball point which uses a letter "O" drill. Wood craft's Hart is the same pen.

Bill Daniels [8D]

Bill, they are out of stock at present, but this is the only source available as far as I know.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37266

juteck

I have a few of these kits on order, and need to verify the drill bit needed before I make a lunch trip to the local Wholesale Tool store, where I can purchase any one of the recommended drill bits. The recommended drill bit for the elegant beauty is 9.0 mm or 9.1 mm, and a 23/64" was also suggested in this and several other threads. A "T" bit fits between the 9.0 and 9.1mm bits.

9.0 mm = 0.3543"
"T" = 0.3580"
9.1 mm = 0.3583"
23/64" = 0.3594"

Having access to each of these 4 bits, and knowing there's only ~0.005" difference in diameter between the largest and smallest drill bit, I assume the 23/64" bit is the best general choice for using on either wood or "plastics" with/without painted tubes, to be glued with epoxy or PU glue. Does anyone have a practical reason for using the 9.0mm, "T", or 9.1mm bit instead of the 23/64"?

KenV

I think that is the name on the two toned Sierra variant from Berea -- nice looking pen. Used the 23/64 per normal sierrra variants.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I think that is the name on the two toned Sierra variant from Berea -- nice looking pen. Used the 23/64 per normal sierrra variants.
The kits from Berea are 27/64" for all the Sierras. The Dayacom Elegant Beauty also called the Aero is 23/64".

Gary Max

The Sierra Elegant Beauty and a Elegant Beauty are different pens---I make and sell a bunch of the Elegant Beauty's----23/64 works perfect.

Top Bottom