Elegant American pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

I'm a newbie. In an earlier thread, someone said "the CB is sharp" on the elegant american pen. What is the CB and how do I fix it? So far I have turned 20 slimline pens and pencils and want to branch out. I liked the look of the elegant american, but if it has problems, I need to know how to solve them

Sharon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I think that the poster was referring to the center band. By sharp, I THINK the poster meant that "The center band of the Elegant American is good looking". I have used this pen for years and know of no problems with it.

You may want to refer to the IAP section that briefly defines the "slang" language we use here.

I.E..... CA=super glue, BLO = boiled linseed oil, borg =Big orange retail giant (home depot).

Learning our "shorthand" will help speed up the learning curve.....IMHO :)

Happy turning... and be sure to let us see your work in SOYP (show off your pens forum).

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/Acronyms.pdf

Last edited:

DurocShark

Wow. An old problem! It amazes me how stuff like that can get out into the wild at all, let alone for this long.

PenMan1

I built a couple of the EA's from AZS not so long ago (less than a year) and there were no sharp parts and it went together as easy as could be. Maybe Berea fixed it?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm a newbie. In an earlier thread, someone said "the CB is sharp" on the elegant american pen. What is the CB and how do I fix it? So far I have turned 20 slimline pens and pencils and want to branch out. I liked the look of the elegant american, but if it has problems, I need to know how to solve them

Sharon
I have an elderly gentleman tell me every Sunday "You look sharp today"...and I haven't cut anybody (other than myself) in years. I think that's the context 'sharp' was used in.

broitblat

FWIW, I haven't turned one of these in a while, but as I recall, it is very sensitive to keeping the barrel lengths correct (e.g. be careful when squaring the ends).

-Barry

Top Bottom