Electroplating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon

Trying to see if there is a way I could improve the finishing durability for "brass shell casings" and perhaps "speciality clips".

Found a vendor (www.micromark.com) selling a small parts electroplating system - catalog #83082 - nickel/#83083 - #83085 24k gold - - (cost range from $35 - $50).

Don't know beans about the process or the vendor - anyone out there have some experience or comments about this ? or how it compares to Powder coating ?

Thanks as always.

Gordon[?]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I powdercoat brass casings and lead bullets used in making bullet/casing pens. If you already have an air compressor, powdeercoating can be started for $59.95 for the powdercoaing system and the color of powders is endless. I use clear, of course. Read about powdercoating at http://www.geckowoodworks.com
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Gordon
<br />Trying to see if there is a way I could improve the finishing durability for "brass shell casings" and perhaps "speciality clips".

Found a vendor (www.micromark.com) selling a small parts electroplating system - catalog #83082 - nickel/#83083 - #83085 24k gold - - (cost range from $35 - $50).

Don't know beans about the process or the vendor - anyone out there have some experience or comments about this ? or how it compares to Powder coating ?

Thanks as always.

Gordon[?]

Gordon

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />I powdercoat brass casings and lead bullets used in making bullet/casing pens. If you already have an air compressor, powdeercoating can be started for $59.95 for the powdercoaing system and the color of powders is endless. I use clear, of course. Read about powdercoating at http://www.geckowoodworks.com
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Gordon
<br />Trying to see if there is a way I could improve the finishing durability for "brass shell casings" and perhaps "speciality clips".

Thanks as always.

Gordon[?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom