Is the Electra the same barrel specs as a Zen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

I want to make an Electra fountain pen,but can't afford it right now.I have some Zen tubes,that I thought if they were the same,I could make the barrel now,and if it turns out,buy the kit later.

I looked in the library for the instructions,but they don't list the dimensions like on most other kits.( maybe I didn't look in the right place? )

So I thought I'd ask you all,thanks for any feedback!

Steve

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The Electra barrel is about half-inch shorter than the Zen. The tube is same diameter ... 10.5 mm diameter (at least that is the drill size). I recommend you check those numbers.

If you start with the Zen I know for sure you have to shorten it. I believe Berea has the Electra and CSUSA has the Zen.

BSea

The Electra barrel is about half-inch shorter than the Zen. The tube is same diameter ... 10.5 mm diameter (at least that is the drill size). I recommend you check those numbers.

If you start with the Zen I know for sure you have to shorten it. I believe Berea has the Electra and CSUSA has the Zen.
You can add a spacer to compensate for the extra length. I do this for closed ended pens when I drill too dee . . . . . . . . . I mean I've heard some people do this for closed ended pens when they drill too deep. :rolleyes:

You can always use calipers to measure the diameter. It's a good habit to get into even if you have the correct bushings.

Top Bottom