El Presidente vs. El Toro ---- Arizona Silhouette

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

After browsing Arizona Silhouette's stuff again, I stumbled across two pens that I can't find a difference in. The El Presidente and El Toro look just like Woodcraft's "Robusto" and CSUSA's "Havana".

What is the difference in Berea's "Presidente" and "Toro"? They look the same. Is one a "Jr" size? You'd think they'd call it "El Vice-Presidente" if so[:eek:)].

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Well, the El-Toro has a short body and is a FP (ink cartridge only) and the El-Presidente is a longer body roller ball. I make the El-Toro with the El-Presidente tubes (buy spare tubes) and it allows an ink pump.

redfishsc

Here's a naive question. What is an ink pump? I am somewhat fountain-pen illiterate.

By the way, thanks for the info. Why do they make the fountain pen shorter? I noticed that CSUSA does the same thing and it just looks dumpy to me.

Firefyter-emt

Not sure why they make the FP shorter, but I don't like the pen with the cap on it as it's too light at the nib and just right with the cap off. I think it would be perfect with the short body and the cap on. But I agree, the looks suffer with the short body. It is a perfect pen for a closed end pen though, drop the odd looking posting end as you don't need it and have a closed end fountian pen that works all the way around.

The ink pump is what you use in place of the smaller disposable cartridges so you can fill the pen with what ever ink you like. I only use the ink pumps myself, blue or black alone is far too dull!! [:D]

gerryr

I've sold several El Toros to women because it's compact and that is what I they wanted. And I give them the link to Lou's website so they can order Private Reserve ink cartridges in 29 colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom