El Grande Streamline?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark4583

I see where A.S. has these kits on sale to close them out.
Ive never used one of these.
Whats your oppinion on these, are they just not a good quality kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

csb333

They look fairly good when made, but to me they are not good looking enough to warrant the difficulty making them. They are a very light pen which is not my personal preference. - Chris

gerryr

The El Grande Streamline is a very nice pen. The two diameter drilling for the cap is easy and you don't actually have to follow the directions about turning before gluing in the tubes. I did my first one that way and now glue the tubes in before turning. I turn the material to 3/4" round first and then drill using my Beall collet chuck so the different diameters are absolutely concentric.

gerryr

Link to Rich's article, which makes infinitely more sense than the instruction sheet.
http://www.penmakersguild.com/articles/streamlinedelgrande.pdf

Rudy Vey

One of my favourite pens!! Just loaded up on Bill's close-out. As Gerry said, don't worry not to glue the tubes in at the beginning. I think this pen is very elegant and balanced, and, as any good writing pen should be, very light, so long writing without writers cramp is made easily possible. I love to make them in stabilized BEB or curly Koa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom