Easiest way to disassemble a pen 7&10mm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

philb

Hi,

Just want to disassemble some of my older turned 7mm pens and also some cigars. Want to give them a coat of CA finish as im trying to perfect it, so may aswell use some older rubbished finished pens!

Any ideas that I can use without having to buy one of the dis-assembler tools! lol

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
bI use a 1/8" rod purchased at a hobby shop and a 1/4" long bolt.

Hold the pen firmly and tap the nib out with the 1/8" rod through the transmission.
Then use the 1/4" bolt passed up through the pen end to force the transmission out.
You can drill a block longer than the transmission with a hole larger than the transmission and smaller than the pen diameter. A press will then force the transmission out.

Larry
http://webpages.charter.net/lgottlieb2/

Scott

As Shannon said above, the transfer punches are the way to go! You can then disassemble most any pen using them. Lots of other uses as well.

Scott.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I just use the back end of drill bits. Biggest size that goes in and smack the sharp end with a plastic mallet. For stubborn fittings I hold the barrel while wearing a garden glove with rubber studs.

thewishman

Wrapping a rubber band around the barrel helps you hold it when disassembling. <s>I</s> (cough cough) I mean my friend has had lots of experience in taking pens apart. The HF transfer punches have paid for themselves many times over.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom