Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kaydubya

I know, earrings are not pens and this is the penturning forum, but it's more akin to penturning than 'other things we make'!

Red cedar earrings.jpeg

Does anyone know if there is such a kit available anywhere? Or would the best way be to use a couple of key-ring kits and replace the actual ring part with earring hooks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

The keychain kits would make for pretty hefty earrings .... I dunno bout that idea.

I'ld go for the beading mandrel kit (smaller 1/8th inch hole for your stock - available through PSI) and use screw-in findings that replicate jewelry sets ... Check local hardware stores for their specialty screws and knobs section for the right hardware. The rest is commonly available as parts and pieces through Amazon.com and other places.

TimS124

The mini-stylus kits come with a very short 7mm tube plus hardware similar to the top of what you've shown. Use a blind mandrel (like PSI's "Grabber" or a pin chunk) and you don't need a heavy metal tip of the bottom of the earrings...

darrin1200

This was my first kick at the cat. You can get the metal findings at Michaels.

Used my smallest drill bit in the end. The little ring is kind of like a pin that I just glued in, then attached the earing hooks. These are amboyna.

My daughter scooped yhem, because they matched the ring I made her.

Attachments

• 20150808_164855.jpg
    20150808_164855.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 206
Top Bottom