Eaglesc.....where are you pics?....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I have looked at a bunch of your posts today and can't see a single picutre. Others seem to be commenting on your great work and others seem blinded like myself. Are half of you suffering from mass hysteria? ;) Since I have viewed his other photos and know his high quality work I would not consider you all liars, but for the life of me I can't see any photos. Anybody know the answer???[?][?]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Jeff. Yes it is the photos from his posts. His album still seems to be intact. Could this be a result of the maximum graphic size restriction that has been talked about for several weeks?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
In looking at a few of Eagle's posts, he's obviously edited out some of his pictures. Heaven only knows why--other than he loves handing us a good mystery!

timdaleiden

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />In looking at a few of Eagle's posts, he's obviously edited out some of his pictures. Heaven only knows why--other than he loves handing us a good mystery!

Lou,

He made a post earlier that explains this.

&gt;&gt;&gt;You probably won't very few comments on the last one I posted.
I guess there are those who cannot separate personalities from craftsmanship.
I can take any hits anyone throws, I just look at the WORK of the poster to see if the statement is credible.
But to post a picture of my efforts and get a couple of replies from a few members, it's not worth my time to resize and post it so I am not posting any more pictures of my work.
I was contemplating updating my album , the pens there are mostly old and not very creative.
I see no need for any new ones in the album either.&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, so it appears that he's removed the image tags from his posts? I'm only concerned that something is wrong with the forum that would cause photos not to show up. That is apparently not the case here. Thanks...

tipusnr

I understand that sentiment as I posted something similar to it several months ago myself.

The funny thing is that I really thought there were quite a few of us posting comments and other replies to his submissions. His work is always quite good and innovative. I guess it wasn't enough. I hope this is a temporary thing and we get to see more of his work in the future.

ilikewood

There are many of us (myself included) that just don't have time to respond to every pen picture I like. I have about all of 10 minutes a day, and I have to isolate my efforts on certain subjects. Just because we don't always respond doesn't mean we don't fully enjoy looking at someone elses artwork.

Eagle, if you read this, keep posting as I am always looking and admiring. Look at the "Read" column and that will give you a better idea of how many are looking.

Gary

He's probably loving all the attention he's getting. It seems to me a pretty childish thing to do.

dougle40

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />Call me childish too. I enjoy people noticing something I spent a great deal of time and effort making and posting. It's nice to be noticed.

Here , here . I agree , it only takes a couple of seconds to type "Nice pen" or something of that nature and then hit the "Post New Reply" button !!
It's always good to hear just what someone else thinks of your work be it good OR bad . It all ends up on the learning curve !!!

jwoodwright

I know I post photos to get an opinion of my pen. This helps me to improve.

I see other posts and the pens are so beautiful...

Then there are the ideas we <s>steal</s>, you know borrow...[:I]

Gary

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />Call me childish too. I enjoy people noticing something I spent a great deal of time and effort making and posting. It's nice to be noticed.

William, just to set the record straight, I wasn't referring to the act of posting pictures here as being childish. I do that myself. I appreciate the feedback from my peers as do most people here.

I was referring to the effort it took to go back through posts and pull the pictures off them, then posting a message to let everyone know it was done due to not getting enough recognition.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I log in through the "active topics" which shows all posts since my last log in. The "recent posts" was filled by his posts in which he had pulled the image links.

If a person edits a post that they made, even if it is a post of a month ago or more, then it jumps back to the top of the list. Deleting a word or link without adding any wording does the same thing.

A simple way to see what he did on his posts is to hit the "reply with quote" icon and then in the "Message" box you will be able to see that there are no "links" listed.

He went back to each one and pulled them all. Only moderators or the poster can do that.

ilikewood

Gary,
Thank you for defining your term. It is very hard to correctly portray what you are saying sometimes as words just don't always come out the way they ought to.
I have tried using the faces, but even then I seem to insult people even when it is the farthest thing from my mind.[:(]

Daniel

Gary,
I am with you. there are those that only post messages in places like this to get a reaction. and from the land of gaming we say. play where it pays. with threads like this we would call this a loose slot. pays pretty regularly. I try and just ignore it. reminds me of someone with about a year or two in the program. there is more to recovery than not drinking. but reacting only incourages more. like a child pestering anouther child. it's only fun if the other one gets upset about it.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Ladies and Gents,

I think this thread has played itself out. I don't fully understand what Eagle's reasons are for pulling his pictures, they are his reasons and let's just let them alone.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm locking this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom