Dymondwood in odd sizes from CSUSA? I'm confused.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbellek

Check it out:
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Turning_Materials___Pen_Blanks___Dymondwood_Pen_Blank_Size_A___dymond_a?Args=[/url]

Their size "A" is listed as 9 1/16" x 2" x 4 7/8" for $2.99.... I didn't even think Dymondwood was MADE in these sizes. I was told by RRPWhite and WoodnWhimsies (I thought) that it came in strips of 2.25"sq x 31". How is it possible that these prices are so cheap?

Any Dymondwood buyers out there that think this is strange too??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
That has to be a misprint. I would imagine that it's supposed to be 9/16" instead of 9 1/16" on the large dimension. The blank listed above would work for knife handles or maybe 3 pens when ripped longwise on the 4 7/8" side. Hope this helps. [:)]

mbellek

Thought so. Even the way the measurement is given is odd... You typically give the largest measurement last, don't you? (Because length, width, height all depend on how you're holding your wood & what you're making, right?)

I have a friend who bought a ton of it, thinking she was getting 9" pieces ... I feel sorry for her when she gets her box in the mail!

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by mbellek
I have a friend who bought a ton of it, thinking she was getting 9" pieces ... I feel sorry for her when she gets her box in the mail!

Yeah, three bucks is one of those too good to be true things. Dymondwood ain't cheap. You'd pay a ton more for a 9 inch block like that.

Hey, post a couple pics of your hairsticks. I have no idea what one would even look like. :)

Is that those chop-stick looking things that you shove into a wadded up ponytail? [:)]

louisbry

The next sentence is " Note: Dymondwood blanks are not large enough for use with the Classic Rollerball, Executive, Cigar and Havana style pens." ie big typo.

mbellek

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Hey, post a couple pics of your hairsticks. I have no idea what one would even look like. :)

Is that those chop-stick looking things that you shove into a wadded up ponytail? [:)]

Sort of. Here are some pics. I think they're gonna blow the screen... I am posting them from photobucket, so there is no way for me to make them smaller, I don't think. "catstyle" is the name I sell them under.

Here is one I made with some tru-stone I got from Richard on this site:

PA140158.jpg

A Dymondwood one:

PA150168.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom