Dye Source

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
On another forum there was a discussion on using Prismacolor pens for dying.... one of the member mentioned he uses the products from this site.. http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/3796-AA.shtml
He said the dyes are specifically made to be used on cotton and are made to be reactive to plant material (sounds like wood to me).. he also stated they are the brightest colors he has found and tend to be very fade resistant....
Here are a couple of quotes from the thread
"2oz is enough dye to color every turning you make for years!
These colors are so bright that you can mix with a toothpick and a thimble full of water.
These are some of the brightest colors I have ever worked with and they are a LOT more light fast. If you get the water soluble dyes then they tend to hold up better to the application of solvent based finishes. The range of colors is quire wide and you can mix powders if you want a different color"
Just thought I would pass the info on to those of you who like to dye woods...

Czarcastic

Thanks for the link.
I think I've spent more money on stuff for my lathe since finding the IAP than in the 2+ years prior! [:D]
64.gif
[:D]

But, its all good. I keep reminding her that this hobby keeps me home
25.gif

Dario

Originally posted by Czarcastic
<br />
I think I've spent more money on stuff for my lathe since finding the IAP than in the 2+ years prior! [:D]
64.gif
[:D]

But, its all good. I keep reminding her that this hobby keeps me home
25.gif

AMEN to both points... one friend said the very same thing, "Honey...at least you know where to find me" (refering to his shop).

on expenses, I think turning in general is expensive, pen making is a just a bit more [:D] [;)] [}:)].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom