DVD rentals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
This company does not pay royalties, so people like Bill Grumbine, Alan Lacer and other turners who produce DVDs are being cheated from their livelihood.

No offense Gruntster, I'm sure you didn't know.

winpooh498

I saw that Ed Davidson's ( YoYoSpin) One Piece YO-YO DVD is on there. They want $10 for a week, you can buy that DVD at A.S. for $9.95. So in my mind, I would probably look around and see if I could buy them for about the same price, I think they make a great reference tool.
That is a cool site, it defiantly does offer DVDs that you can't just go out and rent at the local movie store.
Just my thoughts.

Gruntster

Nope, sure didn't know that.
The only DVD I did own was Bill Baumbeck's. I gave it away a long time ago in the yahoo group. It would be nice to see some of these others, especially for the $10 rather than the $30-40 buying price. It would be nice to know which of these are best ones. You have me thinking right now that rent to check it over then buy it if it good.
One question: How do we know that they don't pay royalties? Ed and Russ are both active here, I would say they would know for certain.

Originally posted by Gruntster
<br />
One question: How do we know that they don't pay royalties? Ed and Russ are both active here, I would say they would know for certain.

I've spoken to Bill and Alan about this, Russ posted here on IAP (and other places as well) about the same problem.

When I last spoke to Bill, me told me Smartflex called and wanted to buy ten more DVDs from him. To put it kindly, Bill just laughed at them.

I'm sure if these three guys have this problem, so do the rest of the turners who produced DVDs. Remember, these guys need to make a living too.

Personally, I don't like supporting business that take advantage of people like this.

YoYoSpin

SmartFlix will pay a royalty to the DVD author at a rate of $1.00 per rental if the author will supply SmartFlix with free DVD’s. That did not seem like a very good deal to me, and my reaction was to cut the retail price of my DVD’s to around $10, thus making the idea of renting less attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom