Dumbest mistake ever?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

I know I'm goint to get zinged for telling this tale on myself. [:I] Maybe I should call this effort my Picasso. [:0] Look below and see if you can tell what is wrong with this picture. [:p] If I can rescue it, maybe I'll post a picture of the finished item later.

2005623162258_dumb%20pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Well... you just gave me an idea .... clip on the nib end !!!

As far as rescueing it, put a 1/8" rod through the transmission, and push the cap off. Then use a 1/4" bolt to push the transmission out.
When I do this I hold the barrel in my hand, so I don't damage the barrel.

btboone

That's thinking outside the box. Just make it work and you'll get heaps of praise. You just need to say "Yeah, I meant to do that."

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by btboone
<br />That's thinking outside the box. Just make it work and you'll get heaps of praise. You just need to say "Yeah, I meant to do that."

I was sure someone would zing 'conventional-ole-me' with a comment about outside the box or innovation. Don't mind. See results in another topic called 'two slimlines'.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Rifleman,
Can't get the "dumbest mistake ever" award when there are others posting HOW TO SOLVE. This implies we have done the same thing. I KNOW I have mis-assembled (I've missed this particular problem, but its nice to know how to solve WHEN it does happen).

Good news-if you are gonna lose concentration-do it in assembly, not on one of the SAWS. The pens are replaceable with much less pain.

elody21

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />I know I'm goint to get zinged for telling this tale on myself. [:I] Maybe I should call this effort my Picasso. [:0] Look below and see if you can tell what is wrong with this picture. [:p] If I can rescue it, maybe I'll post a picture of the finished item later.

2005623162258_dumb%20pen.jpg
<br />
Don't worry, you are not the only one. After doing hundreds of pens I did this once also!!!!

Thumbs

Wow! I've got so much to look forward to! Wow! Round ones! How do you whittle'em down so smoooth? [:p][:p][:p]

You're a braver man than I, Gunga Din! Tellin' on yourself in this crowd? Yeow! [:D]

btboone

I'm actually serious. It would make for a cool pen where the nib comes out a hole in the topside when it's twisted. It would throw people off guard. The shape looks like that could work.

JimGo

Frank, this isn't TOO bad, and at least it can be rescued (may have to get or make a new finial, but...). I've done my share of dumb ones, and I'm nowhere NEAR Alice's hundreds of pens. I wish I had her track record! [:D]

airrat

Yeah should be no problem fixing that work of art. A small torch, 2 lb sledge hammer and an anvil.[:D][}:)]

for those of us that cant get the anvil, a slimline disassembly kit will work in a pinch. [:)]

timdaleiden

I don't see where the problem is Frank. Just drill a 1/8 inch hole through the finial plug, and you have a nice pocket pen. [:)]

I have never done that particular mistake, but I have been known to take pens apart a few times before they are actually done. [:I]

Mainebowlman

I don's see the problem. It's a cherry-pitter, right? Or maybe for coring crab-apples? Or a hand paper punch? How about a wart extractor? Or a steak tenderizer?

Come up with a use and someone'll buy it.[:eek:)]

Jack [:)

jenamison

the 7mm disassemble kit will handle this disassemble very easy...AND no you don't get the stupid award until you SUPER GLUE YOUR EYEBROWS AND EYELASHES TOGETHER after getting aggrevated at doing something similar to this one night.......DING DING, we have a winner![:I][:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom