Duck Calls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenamison

We have been attemptong to make duck calls. We had a customer request them. Well, we bought the kits from Hut and to make a long story short the customer claims that this is the old bigger version duck calls and has asked if we could modify it to be smaller. Has anyone made duck calls and if so are they the smaller ones? If so we would really appreciate any information that you could help us with. THANKS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

I haven't heard of the smaller version. I use HUT items all the time and have yet to hear about this.

Is he talking about the reed? The plastic reeds are much larger while the metal reeds are actually quite small in comparison. They both fit into the same size stopper though.

Look at the "show off you pens" section and see the topic of "pen mandrel - other uses". I just posted a pict today of some that I made.

jenamison

Have you ever done any clear acrylic, where you able to buff out chratches and cloudiness in the hole? I am wondering how to make it as clear and clean looking as possible. I don't want to have a duck call that is made of clear acrylic that you can see where I drilled the hole in the acrylic. Any suggestions?

Scottydont

Originally posted by jenamison
<br />Have you ever done any clear acrylic, where you able to buff out chratches and cloudiness in the hole? I am wondering how to make it as clear and clean looking as possible. I don't want to have a duck call that is made of clear acrylic that you can see where I drilled the hole in the acrylic. Any suggestions?

I wonder if you could use a small heat source like a mini torch on acrylic? I have done that to clean up sanding marks on the edges of clear polycarbonate.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
A quick thought on this one. Wrap a dowel in micro-mesh (it was originally used to clean windshields on airplanes, I've heard) and twist it. I bet by the time you get to 12000 it's pretty darned clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom