Duck call maker turned pen turner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Houlihan

Hi. I make mainly duck and turkey calls. And I haven't made many pens...three to be exact. But here are the ones I made recently as gifts for family members. Now I am accumulating pen making tools, which I said I'd never do. I do scrimshaw on almost everything I make. The latest one is for my daughter's graduation from law school next week. Will look forward to learning more on this forum.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Mike two things you know how to do one is communicate the other is how to make the greatest first exposure on this forum I have ever seen I doubt very much if I ever will see the like again. One is a statement two pure perfection to me. THere is a Guild of Craftsman somebody nominate this man right away.

A great pleasure to come onto the site at midnight over here minus 5 degrees celcius then lovely sunshine as we go into winter in a couple of weeks the long day has been rewarded handsomely.

Welcome from Australia Mike. Thankyou for sharing.

Kind regards Peter.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas.
Those are some gorgeous pens!
Great work & thanks for sharing.

Houlihan

Thank you for the comments. It's so interesting to see the geographic diversity of this group...spread all around the world. I do have a lot to learn. For starters, I learned making these how important keeping things square is...something I keep relearning in everything I do.

I also started with no knowledge and didn't fully explore this forum, so, I put a lot of work into making pens with mediocre parts, at best. I wish I had known what parts and parts suppliers to use and invested more in the parts to make these long-lasting quality gifts. Live and learn, I suppose.

Here is one more picture of the back of the pen lid I did for my daughter's law school graduation. You can't see the full pic due to the tight diameter of the lid. But it gives an idea.

Thanks again.

Mike

SDB777

Welcome aboard!!!!

I hoping to see some of those duck calls soon? If there are on(or above) the quality of these turnings....I'm probably going to be really inspired to go make a few dozen more duck calls!!!

Scott (don't be shy) B

Top Bottom