Drill bits and reverse painting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Has anyone used a smaller-than-recommended bit when using reverse-painted blanks? It seems like it would make the whole (hole?) process easier, and allow the tube to fit better without scraping paint off the inside.

Let's hear it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Hope he meant larger, and just had a brain F@&T. like I just had and offered someone $17 when they wanted $70.

Jim Burr

Banned
Ok...just wanted to make sure the crack I had for the Raiders game (JUST KIDDING!!!!) hadn't dulled by pen sensibility.

tim self

I do not have that problem. If/when I need to reverse paint, I simply sand the inside of the blank. It will enlarge the hole slightly and remove any bit marks inside the blank.

Dai Sensei

I initially sanded the inside, but found I tended to sand unevenly, so ended up to big in some areas. Now I use an adjustable reamer that suits the hole, I have 8 of them that cover the tubes I use.

bwftex

If you use enamel model paints like Testors and give the blank several good coats and a day to dry it shouldn't be a problem. Sand the outside edge of the tube to give it some tapper so it won't cut into the paint if the fit gets a little tight.

Top Bottom