Drill bit gloat / score

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

So I have these 2 kits that need some big bits, 35/64" & 37/64" I have been waiting to order them, well just because they are pretty expensive really. Anyway, In my work area we have this used tool store, guy heaven kinda place. Would you all believe that I not only found these 2 bits there today, but walked out with paying just a quarter each for them?? :D I have a guy at one of my shops I deal with that just happens to have a drill doctor too...

Now my question, should I bother to put a bullet tip on them or just a normal tip?

I also picked up some of those metal lathe shorty drill bits made to start holes in the center of metal. 4 sizes, 2 each.. again, a quarter each and these were brand new unused condition.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bnoles

Lee,

If it wern't so cold and I wouldn't get excuted for saying "y'all" up there, I wouldn't mind being your neighbor. You always find the [8D]est stuff your way.

Nice gloat....

I would just leave the tips normal myself.

Firefyter-emt

Hey Bob, I think you would fit in, my Mom was from the deep south and I grew up around it. Biscuts & gravy, grits, pickled eggs, the only mom who did not wear shoes in the summer...[:D] so, I guess y'all be welcome here anytime.

Funny story, I worked at an independant appraisal company for a little while and one day when training a new hire we were all sitting down for lunch and the subject came up about where we were all from. Well, when I told them I was born in Massachusettes I spent the next 15 minutes trying to convince them that I was not from the the midddle area say VA or Tenn. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! [;)]

Randy_

A Drill Doctor will not sharpen or grind a bullet point profile. It will sharpen and create a split point profile. Split point bits are supposed to drill better than ordinary twist bits; but I have never used one so can't offer any first-hand comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom