Dremel holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nsfr1206

I want to cut some grooves in a blank using the indexing feature on my lathe. Isn't there a holder out there somewhere that will hold a dremel square to the side of the blank so I can groove it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

In the PSI catalog they have their attachment,but it's designed to use their small router it looks like.

I too would like to try this,I have a full set of the "Mini Tools" that Sears re-branded the German-made one's you see in the Micro-mark catalog,and it has a neat little router that uses 1/8'' shanked bits.Someday I'd like to fabricate my own attachment setup to see if that would work.

Steve

randyrls

There is such a thing. It is intended to be held in a metal lathe tool holder, but you could attach it to a tool post.

Note; Unscrew the guard-collar on the Dremel tool to expose the threads on the front. The holder screws onto these threads. There are two different threads used in the Dremel line. Be sure to order the correct one!

You probably will have to make some kind of mount for the Dremel.

http://alisam.com/page/14g9f/Metalworking.html

I have seen drill attachments for wood lathes too!

The Pen Wizard made by JR Beall can do fluting too.

Last edited:

nsfr1206

Thanks for the replys. I have some v bearings from a cnc that i haven't got around to building. Thinking about making a holder and running those bearings on some angle iron rails. Maybe that's overkill?

Top Bottom