DOVE TAIL PEN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dancrafted

This is a work in process. But the design is way kwell. Well at least I like it. Joints need to be a bit tighter. Need to tweek the jig I'm using to make them. Let me know what you think.

20054322614_DOVETAILONE.jpg

[8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Now that is a real interesting effect... the only problem I could see is if the drill wanders while drilling the blank... but as long as you get a nice straight hole it should look real cool... especially with extremely different colored woods... MMMMM like wenge dovetailed to curly maple... or bloodwood and holly

Deere41h

Dan...You came up with a really unique idea. The pen turned out very nice. It's fun to see new approaches. Thanks for sharing.

woodscavenger

DARNIT! Why did you have to go and do that! Now I have to add dovetail jig/box joint jig to my list of wants. [:(!]

Everytime I think my tool crib is full somebody up and does something like this and throws me for a loop.

I wonder how cool that would look cut on a 30 degree bias......?

low_48

I'm really impressed Dan. I have to give a demo this month at the Peoria Area Woodworkers on the incra jig. I wanted to make a double dovetail box to show them, now I'll make some double dovetail pens while I'm at it.

So spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich

Daniel

Bless you Daniel, now I actually have a defendable reason to go buy the dovetail jig I've always wanted. great idea.

driften

Originally posted by low_48
<br /> I'll make some double dovetail pens while I'm at it.

Yea! Double Dovetail pens!

BTW That was a nice job on the single dovetail pen! It just goes to show you how diffrent lamination ideas can work out.

Randy_

Great idea......I love it!!! Don't know if you did it on purpose or if it just worked out that way; but there is more of the light wood than the dark wood. I would like to see a pen made from a blank where the two woods were equally proportioned. A smaller/finer dovetail might also work a little better since a pen body is so small.

Great concept......looking forward to seeing some of the "tweaked" versions!!

Thumbs

I agree, <b>WaaY KooL</b>! That would make the perrfect gift for any of your woodworking buddies![:)]

Uhh? [:p]I am your goood ol' bestest woodworkin' buddy, aren't I?[:D][:D][:D]

[:0]<b>You fergot!</b>[:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom