Double Twist Transmission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone

I finally decided to ask a question that I'm curious about. What is the purpose of a double twist transmission? I really dislike the feel of them and I tend to get marks on my shirt because I turn it too far when retracting the point. So is there a purpose?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TAld

It twist both ways to be politically correct. It is a non-discriminating pen because righties twist the cap with their right hand to the right while lefties twist it to the left [:D] [:D] [:D]!

TBone

Originally posted by TAld
<br />It twist both ways to be politically correct.

Maybe that's why I don't like them. I've gotten so I even dislike the term "politically correct". Just makes me think ok, "who are we bending over backwards to keep from offending this time" or more likely "which votes are we trying to win today". [:D]

kenwc

It's my biggest gripe about these pens. It should only turn ONE way...right...I mean...Right.????

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
It was invented by Parker for their "T-ball Jotter" pen in the 50's. If we want to use that same refill, the mechanism comes with the territory.

txbob

The early Cigar pen kits from Woodcraft had a single twist mechanism. I can't understand why anybody would want a double twist, it just strikes me as a totally stupid idea. Does anybody have a source for single twist cigar kits in chrome?
txbob

TBone

Russ, was there something special about this pen that required a double twist or was if a "feature" of the pen? I just have a hard time thinking of a reason why they were ever used in the first place unless it was for something like a two color pen or something of that nature.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I will be happy (READ VERY HAPPY) to replace your double twist transmission with a single direction transmission. I will take as many as you have, and replace them with a single twist transmission so long as they are new and unused, and I will pay the shipping BOTH WAYS.....

My customers love the double twist mech, and I personally love them myself....

If you want kits that only twist one way, get the guy out in Hawaii at Penpro to send you some, they come with single twist mechs......

toolcrazy

Personally, I don't like twist pens at all, I'm a click fan. But not many companies make a nice click pen. I also hear that many customers prefer the slimline twist, so I will make them. JMHO

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Add me to those who like the double twist transmission. True, it is quite complicated to operate, but there is a definite place to stop in the middle. Politcally correct, I think not. My left-handed daughter would certainly tend to turn the transmission differently than my right-handed son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom