double twist Euro pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russianwolf

Was just starting to work on one of these. Two sets of tubes. The finial and nib are sized for the smaller diameter tube, and the centerband for the larger diameter. Appearently you have to glue the smaller tub into the larger one during assembly.

What's up with this? why not make everything to fit the larger size (or smaller size for that matter ) and be done with it?

crazyness.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

I would not glue any of these tubes together or inside each other.
My belief is it is always good to familiarize yourself with the pen kit instructions. Did your kit come without instructions??
Here is a like to the Berea Twist pencil, it has three tubes:
http://www.bereahardwoods.com/price/kits/pdf/Flat%20Top%20American%20Style%20Pencil.pdf

My bad, here is the instruction for the Euro style:
http://www.bereahardwoods.com/price/kits/pdf/RTEuroDoubleTwistPencil.pdf

Tea Clipper

I just put together 10 euro round top double twist pens and one pen and pencil set and I did not glue the second set of tubes. I noticed that to ensure smooth operation for the pen, the cap assembly must be able to rotate smoothly around the brass area of the transmission. Unfortunately, when you press the centerband on the cap, it will shrink the diameter just a hair and cause it to bind on that brass area. You can either try to ream out the cap tube to increase its I.D. or, what I did was decrease the O.D. of the transmission. I mounted my MT2 drill chuck on the headstock which held the transmission finger tight. Using 240 sandpaper, I just sanded the brass area briefly, until the cap will slip on and off.

200712213657_euro-fix.jpg

arioux

Hi,

I found a very easy way to get around all those kits that needs reaming, banging, force fitting or any other modificaiton that i have to do to make sure the kit works properly.

I QUIT MAKING THEM [:(!]

Alfred

TAld

I've only made about five of those and ONLY because it was requested by the customer (I hate to do pencils!); however, I did not have to make any modifications. I always run a brass brush (the kind you use for rifle/pistol cleaning)down the tubes several times until they are clean and shiny. Seems to remove any remaining glue or dust bunnies.

Rudy Vey

I also quit making them, they are a pain in the a$$ to put a new lead in.
Now, I make only one pencil - a PFC!! Can be changed on the fly from ball point to pencil - no more sets to make....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom