Don't think I am ment to turn pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hanau

Finally got my Lathe a week ago.
Order Some kits and bushing thru Woodcraft's Amazon store.
They where supposed to been delivered Saturday,
Fed Ex weekend guy decided I live to far off his route to deliver.
Normal Fed Ex guy brings it Monday apologizes for the weekend guy.

Well this morning go out to turn a Wall street II click pen.
Got everything glued and mounted on lathe.
Turn the pen did the finish.

Then I went to assemble the pen and the threaded insert would not thread on to the nib end.
So i had to disassemble everything, Finlay got it put together and what do I see?
The wood isn't turned down far enough. I am thinking I know i turned it down flush!!
Disassemble everything again ,put it back onto the mandrel and the wood and bushing are even.

So i go to find the order form and what do I see?
They sent me Wall Street 111 bushing!!

I know i didn't order those. So go and pull my order up again(order was thru Amazon)
Yep I order the Wall St 11 click pen bushing.

Call Woodcraft told her everything and she went to look and they had the wrong item number listed for the Wall Street 11 bushing.

Now the bushing won't bee here till Next Week.

Now I went to clean up shop so i can get ready to go to work and what can't I find?
The spring!!

Think I am going to give up for another week!!

Nah will go out tomorrow and turn another.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pens By Scott

you could go free hand, look at the bushing chart, find the OD of the Wallstreet II and turn your blank down to it... If you can pull this off you might be destined to do "kitless" pens...

hanau

you could go free hand, look at the bushing chart, find the OD of the Wallstreet II and turn your blank down to it... If you can pull this off you might be destined to do "kitless" pens...

got a link to the chart?

Got them to send me a replacement tube, so if i mess it up i have another tube.

GoodTurns

just use a caliper to measure the kit diameters, then turn down to those dimensions. Harbor Freight, think I paid about $10 3 years ago...

1dweeb

If there wasn't a little challenge, everybody would be making these things.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

One day you will look back on this with fond memories and think I'm glad I didn't give up.

hanau

I hopefully will have time to turn another pen tomorrow. Forget what the other Kit i have.

I need to go to harbor freight but waiting till the 1 of Oct when they have their 3 day sell. They have something else i want to purchase and i should beable to get it for about 50% off the normal price.

DurocShark HF is right around the corner from 4 Seasons Mall.

Plus this Time i bought a small lathe so when I get tired off Turning. I can pack it up and put it in the Attic for 3 or 4 years.

Then the next time I get a urge I wont have to re-buy everything again.

sbwertz

Plus this Time i bought a small lathe so when I get tired off Turning. I can pack it up and put it in the Attic for 3 or 4 years.

Then the next time I get a urge I wont have to re-buy everything again.

I have a small lathe, but I surely wouldn't want to horse it up the attic ladder! Besides, everyone knows you NEVER get tired of turning :biggrin:

Top Bottom