Don Ward presentation last night in Austin CTWTA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

widows son

Don Ward aka Red River Pen Works was the the victim of honor (presenter) last night at our Central Texas Wood Turners Association meeting last night in Austin. Great demo on turning a closed end pen and several other topics. Anyone who thought making pens is boring has not talked to Don or looked the variety of pens Don has made. Looking forward to seeing him again at SWAT in Waco in August.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Thanks John! I'm glad you enjoyed the time. It was an honor to demo at one of the leading clubs in our great state of Texas. The CTWTA meeting was an excellent meeting. Great show and tell time. Some wonderful bring backs were raffled....wow! what a lamp. I had a great time...love talking and teaching pens. They had to get out the long shepherd's hook to get me to stop.:biggrin::biggrin: Thanks for the invite. I too look forward to SWAT in a few short months.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Don Ward aka Red River Pen Works was the the victim of honor (presenter) last night at our Central Texas Wood Turners Association meeting last night in Austin. Great demo on turning a closed end pen and several other topics. Anyone who thought making pens is boring has not talked to Don or looked the variety of pens Don has made. Looking forward to seeing him again at SWAT in Waco in August.

el_d

DANG!!!!!

Wish I would have known. Would have loved to go. Where is the meeting located?? Is it always on Tuesdays???

Nickfff

Agreed, I have seen Don demo in Arizona and he does a nice job...

A great ambassador for the penturning community : )

PenWorks

The last time I saw Virgel demo, he glued the pen barrel to Russ Fairfield's pen mandrel :biggrin: I guess he has gotten better :) Sorry I missed your demo in Arizona....conflicting schedules, at least we had a nice lunch together.

Hey Don,

Sounds like you had a great time. I know any time I spend teaching or talking about pen making I have a hard time ending it as well, always watching for the hook!

Any pictures from the demo?

Texas is a bit of a drive, but if you are closer next time I might be willing to cross the border..

its_virgil

Nick: Thanks for the good words. I really enjoy the teaching and sharing.

Jim: Someone took pictures. I'll see if I can get copies and post them. Who knows...maybe some day I'll be up your way, or you down mine, and we can talk about pens with no hook in sight.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

its_virgil

Hey Anthony. I thought I had paid you enough hush money for you not to share the gluing of the pen barrel to Russ's mandrel. That was a bit embarrasing....Dick Sing was in the demo and I think Rex Burningham was there also. What perfect timing to do something like that. I'll send another payment soon:biggrin::biggrin:

Yes, we did have a very nice lunch...thanks (anthony paid) and a fun visit to your store...a really great place. For those who may be in the Phoenix area be sure to give Anthony a visit...you'll love his place.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

The last time I saw Virgil demo, he glued the pen barrel to Russ Fairfield's pen mandrel :biggrin: I guess he has gotten better :) Sorry I missed your demo in Arizona....conflicting schedules, at least we had a nice lunch together.

Top Bottom