Does this work??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimskio

Had a little time on my hands and decided to give this a try. Was hoping for something a little more but this is what I got. The wood is purpleheart and plum, unfinished at this point because I wanted the purple to come back before finishing. This will be for a chrome Euro kit.

thanks for looking
jimskio

Attachments

• P2108673.jpg
    P2108673.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 402
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

I like it. As a woodworker, I can really appreciate the dovetail joint. I may give that a try at some point.

low_48

Hey, the pen on the Yahoo group looks like one of my blanks. I don't belong to that group. Do you know who made it? I sold some at the Midwest Penturners Gathering, and recently sold out to a gal in California.
I like the purpleheart and plum. Very nice craftmanship, those dovetails look perfect!!!!

Edit; That is one of my blanks. Angela is from LA and she bought my last 10 blanks. I will be making more as the Penturners Gathering approaches. Too much of a gloat? SORRY

Last edited:

Rmartin

Hey, the pen on the Yahoo group looks like one of my blanks. I don't belong to that group. Do you know who made it? I sold some at the Midwest Penturners Gathering, and recently sold out to a gal in California.
I like the purpleheart and plum. Very nice craftmanship, those dovetails look perfect!!!!

Edit; That is one of my blanks. Angela is from LA and she bought my last 10 blanks. I will be making more as the Penturners Gathering approaches. Too much of a gloat? SORRY

Not too much gloat at all

Mind if I copy your idea?

jimskio

Thanks for all of the complements!
I am a machinist and I did the DT on my milling machine at work. Those other joints are very interesting, I would like to see some of them done. The hardest thing with this is getting the hole dead center of the DT's. I got this one off just a little bit.

jimskio

fernhills

It looks to me like it is the Incra Jig DT. I guess it would work. I think you have shown me a way to incorporate my Incra Jig into turning. Nice work on the blanks. Carl

RichB

Thanks for an Idea. I have the Leigh and the jigs and have never used them. I figured if I kept them long enough something would come up. My mind just doesn't seem to think out of the box anymore. Thanks RichB

BigguyZ

RichB

That looks a lot easier to figure out. I have a video and instructions, and cutters now I have to figure it all out. I have had this for about 10 yrs and never used it for anything.

jimskio

Reddwil,

What would you be willing to pay for such a blank? Or maybe we can come up with some kind of blank trade.

jimskio

Top Bottom