Does such a blank exist?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brandon25

Girl at school wants a "pink and sparkly" pen "or something with rhindstones." (rolls eyes)

Is there an acrylic out there that anyones knows of that would fit the bill? I dont necessarily want to pay a lot, for a custom blank, for instance, as this will not likely be an expensive pen. I searched woodcraft and found pink but not "sparkly."

Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Why not cast your own using materials easily available from Michaels. You can use PVC as a mold since the castings will release on it's own accord. Use glitter for the 'sparky' part. Maybe a closed end pen with a rhinestone embedded in the top???

CabinetMaker

Girl at school wants a "pink and sparkly" pen "or something with rhindstones." (rolls eyes)

Is there an acrylic out there that anyones knows of that would fit the bill? I dont necessarily want to pay a lot, for a custom blank, for instance, as this will not likely be an expensive pen. I searched woodcraft and found pink but not "sparkly."

Thanks in advance.
I found just such a blank at the local Rocklers here in Denver. It was pink and sparkly, sorry, no rhinestones. I think is $3 or $4 for the blank.

hilltopper46

Exoticblanks.com has a (mostly) pink and green blank that Dawn (PR-Princess) showed me yesterday (I stopped in at their shop). She also does a pink bubblegum swirl that in the blank for (IMHO) looks better than Woodturningz pink bubblegum.

thewishman

Dawn gets my vote, too. She makes great PR blanks and Ed usually totes them to the MPG. Send her an email, she may already have something that would be just the ticket. I got a couple of her pink pearlescent blanks that everyone really likes.

jason_r

You could make your own (or have one made by any number of people, myself
included).

How's the color of recipe #12 suit her wants. Not glittery, but that's curable by adding
some sparkle or super sparkle.

Rinestones would best be added after turning since they're direction-dependent.

MyKidsDad

Check out woodturningz.com.

#15 - Cotton Candy Pink
#29 - Pink Sky

I just turned a sierra using cotton candy pink from woodturningz.com...it is both pink and sparkly. My wife and daughter saw the pen I made for a family friend who just got her college degree and both ordered one just like it.

Brandon25

Everyone,
Thanks for the numerous replies. This place is a great family. To address some of the posts, I have the PR from Michaels, as well as one of the (drawing a blank here...) sparkly powder sets. My only attempts so far were casting candy corn (doesn't work...lol) and something that was supposed to be red and turned a nice shade of regurgitated raspberry sherbet, and never got truly hard. More like rubber. It's just not in the cards to get into casting right now with my schedule as it is.

I really like that glimmerznmore blank- very bling bling, a little pricey.

JasonR, PM sent for pricing. I think #12 with sparkles is a good match. If I am unable to find something "special" in my price range I believe I can settle for one of the rockler ones if shipping's not a killer.

Thanks again, all.

scotirish

I got this one from Paul Downs. http://www.penturners.org/forum/member.php?u=219
1_Polaris_Pencil_1.jpg

USAFVET98

Thanks in advance.

My girlfriend casted this one.

Attachments

• uglypen 007.jpg
    uglypen 007.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 102

Brandon25

scotirish and usafvet,
thanks for the replies, but those aren't exactly the color pink I'm aiming for. The one she wants is much more "obnoxious 13yo girl" than "elegant and subtle."

Top Bottom