Does NE1 make an Elegant Sierra Vista?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

Hello,

I know this is probably sacrilege around here, but I don't like the styling of most Sierra pens, with the exception of the Elegant series.

I want to have a pen with more body thickness for experiments with casting, but I don't see an "elegant series" for the Vista.

Or any pens with a thicker body than normal I suppose would do.

Thanks,

Lewis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

I have considered that, I guess I didn't know it was on the Sierra vista hardware. Thank you.

The Majestic Squire is a PSI kit using a 3/8 tube close in size to the Berea Vista kit.

I know the pen, I just didn't know it was closer to diameter of the vista. It's so flashy with that fake crystal and gold accents!

The main reason I don't like the regular Sierra is the round trim bands between the body and hardware. Just doesn't look right to me, but I think I'm in the minority!

I wish Berea would list their bushing diameters, it's hard to see the bushing chart on a mobile phone!

Sylvanite

Have you looked at the Dayacom Elegant Beauty (from which the Elegant Sierra was copied)? The finish diameter is close to the same, but the Dayacom kit uses a smaller diameter tube, leaving a thicker blank. I like the kit, and use it for tube-on casts.

Regards,
Eric

stuckinohio

Have you looked at the Dayacom Elegant Beauty (from which the Elegant Sierra was copied)? The finish diameter is close to the same, but the Dayacom kit uses a smaller diameter tube, leaving a thicker blank. I like the kit, and use it for tube-on casts.

Regards,
Eric

I have not. I'll check that out! I know that elegant beauty, but didn't realize the smaller tube diameter. Does it use a smaller bit, or simply a thinner tube?

stuckinohio

Now that I have my laptop I can study the great chart on IAP. The aero does have nice specs for body thickness.

The Wallstreet III from Wood Craft does too, and the black and black chrome is decent.

I still have to look at Smitty's site too.

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it!

Top Bottom