Does a good click pen exsit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dutra

Ive been looking for a good click pen kit. Many reviews I read on the ones ive found say the click mechanism is junk. Has anyone made a click pen that has a good mechanism?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

I've made 5 vertex clicks. 4 of them had a faulty click mech. The one that did work still does and is smooth, if only they could get the quality down until then I won't make another. The CSUSA long click has worked well for me. I don't like the overall size of it though, a bit shorter would be great.

JRay8

i like the gatsby from psi. i have been carrying the same one every day for about 4 or 5 months with no issues. i have also gifted several and have had no issues with any of them.
251360_228359303842945_228283643850511_964713_2343121_n.jpg

Balasharc

I second the CSUSA long click I was against making a click pen tell I read just about all I could about clicks. then decided on the The CSUSA long click I have carried one for 2 months with no problem and sold several.

its_virgil

My observations on reports of click pens (and most any other kit or tool) has been that for every 25 persons that really like one particular item there will be 25 others think the same is junk. For me, the CSUSA long clicker has been the best I've tried followed by the sierra or gatsby clicker. Good luck with your search.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Ive been looking for a good click pen kit. Many reviews I read on the ones ive found say the click mechanism is junk. Has anyone made a click pen that has a good mechanism?

MSGMP

The Vertex, as Jonathan stated, is hit or miss. I like the kit but have had to fix one when the click button threads broke. Easy fix though. Reinforced the plastic threads with a small wooden dowel which was secured with epoxy.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I wonder why

I don't understand why I can go to staples and spend a buck or so and get a click pen that will operate well 10 times as long as anything I can buy in a component set. I've got one on my desk right now I've had for months sometimes I just pick it up and operate the clicker maybe a hundred or so clicks and I've probably done that 50 or 60 times....5 or 6 thousand clicks and it doesn't show the first sign of giving up.

Rfturner

The only Great clicker I have ever come across is the Pilot G2 I have used and abused those to death and the only thing wrong is I had to replace the ink. I have stayed away from clickers because the mechanisms do not seem to hold up. I test every pen kit for about 5-6 months of serious daily abuse. If it can withstand accidental drops, not so accidental drops, everything works well and looks good at the end of my testing period i will sell it.

The one that always comes up as a reliable clicker but have I never tried is the long clicker mentioned above.

seamus7227

I have been carrying a long clicker that El_d made for me and it works great! Probably better than any other click that i have used out there. I have the same feelings as you on finding a good click pen, the long click has my vote now! Second in line would be the Sierra click. Also, I bought a vertex and have had nothing but problems since day one with it, and when i built it, I followed the instructions to the "T" so as to avoid any issues. Thats my .02 worth

BSea

I'm sold on the clicker sold by CSUSA or Lau Lau Woods. Lau Lau Woods has it in Rhodium, gold & Blk TI. CSUSA has chrome, gold, & Blk TI. The Blk TI & gold versions are a little cheaper from Lau Lau. I've probably made about 10 of these, and so far, I haven't had a problem. I've made 2 vertex click pens, and both of them worked fine. But I don't think the finish is as good on the vertex. I use a clicker almost everyday. But it doesn't get carried. So I'd say light use for my personal clicker. If it does get dropped, it's on carpet, so not much rough treatment.

I've also made several sierra click pens, and 1 elegant sierra click. I didn't like the elegant sierra, but the regular version worked fine. I made it in 3 different lengths, and all 3 versions worked fine.

76winger

I've made Gatsby, Polaris and Slimline Pro clickers from PSI and had good luck with two of the three models. For some reason the Polaris style had a problem where I had to shorten the "clicker cap" by filing off about 1/32" from is base to get the needed travel for the clicker to work. Beyond that I've had no reports of problems afterwards yet.

corian king

For about a year now I have tried every click pen I could find.
so far I am most impressed with the proclick from PSI and the siearra click.I haven't had any problems with either.

PaulDoug

Has anyone mentioned the long click from Lau Lau? I've never had on go bad. I had one go, I left it in a car that went in for repair. When the car came back the pen was gone.

el_d

Has anyone mentioned the long click from Lau Lau? I've never had on go bad. I had one go, I left it in a car that went in for repair. When the car came back the pen was gone.

My favorite Paul.

Lau lau has good prices on the upgraded plating too.

The only problem I've had with this is the stupid cheap refills.

nativewooder

I am following this thread closely because I will shortly undergo bypass surgery and would like to gift the personnel involved with click pens. It appears that since we buy kits with crappy clickers, the sellers can't be bothered to insist on a quality clicker. And, also, you get what you pay for!:rolleyes:

bitshird

I've made several dozen Long Clicks I bought from Aaron Lau at LauLau woods, and CSUSA and haven't had a single problem yet, I carry one that was a PITH a year or two back and it's still clicking away.

Top Bottom