Does the El Grande Post?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea Clipper

Hi all,

A potential customer was looking at the Ligero, El Grande, and the El Grande Elite. Since they all look the same it was a simple matter of selecting the trim he liked best... until he tried to post the Ligero and it obviously wouldn't fit - so he put that one down, and told me he wanted a pen that would post. The El Grande & Elite cap will fit on the back end, but I'm not sure that it actually 'posts'. I'm concerned that the cap threads might get messed up if this is a non-posting pen being forced to post.

What do you guys think? Maybe I should suggest a Baron instead?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

It posts, but not too easily, you give it a little push to stay on. Does a churchill post any better? What about an El Presidente, its a bigger posting pen?

Tea Clipper

I don't have a Churchill handy, so I'll check when I get home later. To be honest, I don't care for the El Presidente, but thanks for your suggestions Kevin.

The Baron is a step down in size like you said Mike, but if the customer wants a posting pen, well... you know what they say about happy customers.

Okay, I know the pen will post, I've seen the pictures at AzSil too. In my experience the cap should attach firmly to the end when posting. With the EG, it seems all to easy to 'break loose' the cap, unless you force it on - either way it just doesn't feel right. So what I'm trying to determine is if this is normal.

dubdrvrkev

That sounds about right from my experience with EG's.
I'm not the biggest fan the the EP either, it just was an idea for a larger pen with threaded post. Although Mike (Vick) makes them look real good, of course his won't post.

vick

I Have actually never done an El Presidente[:D] just the El Toro with the El presidente tubes. Most large pens I do not think are weighted right with a cap posted. To tell the truth I never post my cap on any of my pens. Probably why I like solid bodies so much.
If you want the customer to be right and he wants an El Grande that posts I believe someone did a mod that used the parts from 2 kits and put the threaded unit from a second kit onto the back of the pen body. Can't remember who but you should be able to modify to get what you want

dubdrvrkev

Is the EP the same as the ET just longer?? I knew thats what you were doing, but when I looked at AS they looked the same. What am I not seeing?
Come to think of it I do remember seeing someone that was cutting threads on the EG post.

Tea Clipper

I remembered to test the churchill this evening and thought that it didn't post any better than an el grande.

I too looked at the EP and ET at AS and they look the same to me as well; same bushings and same drill sizes. That is a very clever trick there Mike, good thinking! [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom