Does CA go bad?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cmccarter

I use thick CA to hold my tubes in and the last 3 pens I made have had the tubes break free. This is after waiting a few hours for them to set. The glue i am using is probably less than a year old. The med and thin that I got at the same time work fine. Really strange.

Chester

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Chester,
It doesn't really go "bad" but as it gets older, it's gets thicker and takes longer to fully cure. I've used it up until it won't come out of the bottle any more. I glue my tubed in with thick and 99% of the time I wait overnight before I start to turn just to make sure it has cured.
The shelf life in a cool dry place is about a year. Warmer areas and more humid areas will see shorter shelf life unless you store it in the fridge.

Last edited:

Fred

Monty is the one to ask about any CA issues. Abide by his guidance as he posted above ... and support a fellow IAP member and obtain your CA supplies from him. :biggrin:

JohnGreco

I've had tubes break free if I try and turn them too soon. Now I always give a day to fully cure. Overkill? Maybe, but I'd rather wait than have to re-glue. Haven't had any break free after waiting a day.....but that could be coincidence.

Top Bottom