Does this blank exist too???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am going to follow in Herb's footsteps. I did check various blank vendors and found one that may fit the bill.

First let me ask if it is even possible to make a pearlescent silver blank??? This is what I am looking for if it even exists. I saw a Silver Rush Lucite blank at Exotics and was wondering has anyone used this blank and if you have a pen to show off the color would be great. Sometimes it is so hard to get a good look at what the colors look like. Not looking for grey with silver in it, looking for all silver but with some pop thus the pearlescent.

If you have cast something like this before could you tell me the ingredients. ?? I am capable of casting my own if i know what materials to cast.

Thanks in advance.

Herb G

I don't know about plastics, but I know about paints to a degree.
I used to help a guy custom paint cars when I got out of high school.

Since silver is a base color, you can't make it pearl too.
Just like you can't make gold pearl either.

Now, in paint, you can mix a pearl white into the silver & get a fake silver pearl, but it isn't the same thing. Or, you can mix silver into a pearl white base & get a slightly different effect. It depends strictly on what effect you are going for. I've seen cars painted "Whisper White" that had some silver base paint underneath the top coat, and it make an interesting effect.

I've also seen Rolls Royce cars painted "Silver Shadow" that was also the name of a model they produced years ago. It was more of a silver color with a white base coat.

Now everything I just said is based on paint colors only.
It may or may not apply to plastics.
I don't know.

Top Bottom