Do You Want To Give Away Your Pen Blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Hi Everybody! Did I get you with that title? [8D]

For the Daily Trivia Contest (sponsored by Klingspor!), we have also been giving a second prize each day - usually some pen blanks donated by one of our generous IAP members!

First, I want to thank everybody who has donated those blanks! You're the greatest!!! And thank you to everybody who has played the Daily Trivia Contest!

We need about four more donations of blanks to finish off the whole month of contests. So who would like to donate? Go ahead and post here, and stop after four, because I don't know where I would give any more away!

Oh, and what we do is give your blanks away, and then let you know who won, and you send them direct to the winner, making a new friend in the process!

Ready, set, GO! (And THANKS!)

Scott. [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

If anyone changes their mind (or even if they don't and you want to give it away anyway), I can donate a grab-bag too.

underdog

Just a question about desirability of blanks...

I have access to LOTS of maple, alder, cherry, poplar, and probably a few other common woods in 13/16 thickness, all kiln dried that gets thrown away every day.

But I'm of the impression that most penturners want something more exotic than boring, straight grained, kiln dried lumber...

Is this true?

Scott

Thanks Everybody! I appreciate your generosity!

I have melogic, Jim15, broiblat, and GaryMGg donating blanks for the Daily Trivia Contest!

Underdog - Boy, it's sure a shame to let that nice wood go to waste! But you're right to a certain extent, that most penturners like to have highly figured woods to use for their pens. Pens made from plain woods do sell though! A lot of people recognize walnut, maple, cherry and other common varities, and will buy pens made from these woods. I would suggest you cut up some blanks and advertise them on the individual classifieds forum, and see what happens. I personally like to use Maple, and then color it with markers - purple and teal are quite popular! I've been looking for some nice big long pieces - I need 1" square and about 34" long. But you said 13/16ths didn't you. [:)]

Scott.

Scott

LOL! I occasionally make canes with one-piece shafts. Lots of fun! If you think a pen mandrel can "whip", try one of these babies! [;)]

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom