Do you use wax?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

After gong through the sanding process (all the way through 12M Micro-Mesh) I do two applications of HUT Ultra-Gloss polish. That would be enough to make most happy, but I then wipe a tiny bit of Renaissance wax across the blank with my finger, let it dry for 10-15 seconds and wipe off with my buffing cloth. I can't see any difference in the gloss with this added step, but the Renaissance wax is suppose to keep finger prints from occurring.

theartist07

Most of the time i'll watersand up to 1000 grit then use HUT Ultra-Gloss polish. I do this mostly on tru-stone though but do sometimes get carried away and do on the PR pens also, works good on acrylic for me also. Does anyone else do this method?

Just my way!

Chasper

I sand through the MM and then buff with tripoli and white diamond, no wax or additional polish.

renowb

After gong through the sanding process (all the way through 12M Micro-Mesh) I do two applications of HUT Ultra-Gloss polish. That would be enough to make most happy, but I then wipe a tiny bit of Renaissance wax across the blank with my finger, let it dry for 10-15 seconds and wipe off with my buffing cloth. I can't see any difference in the gloss with this added step, but the Renaissance wax is suppose to keep finger prints from occurring.

Exactly what I do...:bananen_smilies046:

Grizz

Banned
Renaissance wax on every pen I do, keeps down the finger prints for initial sales. I tell folks that they can use just about any furniture wax every 6 months or so. But I like the idea of the Kiwi shoe polish... smaller and cheaper for the average person.

Top Bottom