Do you remove the spring when selling a fountain? Gents/Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys remove the rollerball spring when selling a fountain pen? Id never really though about it, but it seems the covertor/pump fouls the spring if left in? Its ok for the little stubby cartridge but the longer convertor seems to catch?

Anyone else had this? Jr.Gents/Statesman is what Ive been working on, but may apply to others?

PHIL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Yes! If you ever had a pump installed and unscrew the nib you'll understand why:eek::frown::mad:!!!!!!!!!!Sure makes it a fast way to empty the pump........messy but fast:biggrin:. The spring wll engage the top of the pump and while uscrewing the nib it will drain any ink left in the pump. DAMHIKT:rolleyes:

philb

Yeh just seen what happens if your put one in then take it out!

Just hope the ones that have already gone find out before they put empty the pump!!

Cheers PHIL

gvpens

Actually I just had an experience with that yesterday at a show. Forgot to remove the spring on the pen that I had been using for a few days. When I unscrewed the nib section to check the ink level in the converter, guess what? It wasn't completely empty.....yet.... about 3 seconds later it was. :eek: Fortunately, it missed my clothes, but my hands were a mess.

OKLAHOMAN

Carl, you wouldn't put a spring in but it happens to come installed in the Jr. series of pens from CSUSA no matter if its a roller ball or fountain pen. So it needs to be pulled out if the customer will be useing a pump. I have sold many that the customer wanted a fountain pen and also wanted to be able to convert it to a roller ball so I sold them a rollerball nib and refill and explained that they need ot only use the universal cartrigesfor the fountain pen so they can leave the spring in.

Why would you put a spring in a fountain pen ?

chriselle

Haha....I guess we've all been there and done that. In my case it was a customer that got INKED....doh! I take it out but lately I've been using Lou's short converters and it's not really necessary with those.

Top Bottom