Do you make a long click straight,or curved?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Hi All,

I wanted to ask you folks that turn CSUSA long clicks,if you make yours straight,or slightly bowed?

I've been making the straight,but tonight I made a few that are just slightly fatter in the middle tgo put a little shape in it,and was wondering if that's how it's supposed to be done all along?

If you had both shapes side by side,which have you found that your customers preferred?

It's hard for me to tell by the picture in the catalog.I might end up trying to sell these so before I finish them,I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks for any opinions!

Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I personally like to make them straight. However, as long as the diameter of each end matches the end of the hardware, there are no rules to how they are supposed to be. And customers like what they like. They are really unpredictable.

dgerwin11

I just turned my first two of these this evening. They ended up with a very slight bow. There probably is no one absolute correct way to do it.

KP

I've made just a few of these (I don't sell them, it's just for fun for me) and I like them with a slight curve, but with the fattest part of the curve near the top, so they end up like an asymmetrical barrel shape. More weight on the top portion of the pen feels right in my hand.

Ken

The customer has the right to be wrong. We, the penmakers, have the right to not tell them they are wrong. Are we making the pen for us or a prospective customer?

We start off making them for us, then (potential) customers are kind enough to let us know where we went wrong. :)

Steve,
Start off making what shape you prefer, and leave yourself a few component sets to make "corrections" on if your customers would like a different shape. You'll get more pleasure out of turning a shape that pleases you, and you'll be a little better at presenting a piece that pleases you. From there, listen to the comments from your customer pool, and make the necessary adjustments.

Top Bottom