Do Roller Ball Cartridges Dry Out?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi All,

Just curious, I have been noticing that some of my craft sale roller ball pens that are over two years old have a problem with the roller ball cartridge, they seem to have "dried out". They have problems writing and I am replacing them with new ones even though they have never been used... is this a common problem, do they actually dry out?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

L1Truckie

Blasphemy I know.....but.....My Pilot G2's I carry at work are not capped and have not dried out....granted I go through lotsa G2's and have not carried one for two years....maybe I just answered my own question/comment....

In hopes of not hijacking this thread...which kits can you use a G2 refill? (Yet to do a rollerball)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You have hit on ONE reason why none of my rollerballs have refills in them. When you purchase a rollerball, you get a brand new refill. And, when people stop at my booth, there is a rollerball on the desk to write with (I have TESTED it). So, no surprises.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Standard roller ball ink refills do dry out and sometimes within a few months of being uncapped. Schmidt (and others) have developed new ink technology which insures that they do not dry out for approximately 12 months while uncapped. Gels and ballpoint inks have a longer shelf-life.

Top Bottom