Diva Transmission Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Has anyone else had a problem with tranny on the "Diva". I like to secure the tranny in place with pliers to assure it will not come loose during normal use. I was disassembling four of the Diva pens to upgrade the refill (EB Private Reserve :)) and two of them were just turning, without unscrewing the tranny. So I had apparently over torqued it during assembly/ disassembly. Anyone else have this problem, or am I just too heavy-handed with the pliers?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stephen

This may not address your tryanny problem with the Diva. I have a new problem with one of two I have turned and assembled so far - 8 more to go - it extends too far out and does not retract fully. First I confirmed that my blank was not short. So I swapped with from another kit and it worked fine. I measured the white plunger of the defective one in the retracted/extended positions and there was a difference of 0.231 inches more compared with the good one. In other words protruding too much. Unable to reseat it by exercising the mechanism several times as I suspected it was not fully seated.
On a brighter side the new kits have an improved modified link chain for the Crystal that hangs out of the cap end. The earlier ones were a crap. I want to get some replacement tryannys and the new links that come with the new kits. Still having difficulty communicating with the Supplier.

Mark

On one or two, I've noticed the tip being extended a bit farther than I like, but it hasn't caused any problems to date. I never use pliers in assembling them and have not had any come apart (yet).

I suspect that the use of pliers, spun something in the bottom portion of the pen. Since that is basically one piece (pre-assembled) I don't know how that would be corrected.. Hopefully someone has an answer... GL

SteveG

This thread has dropped off the radar after 89 views and 2 responses. I need to decide to continue or stop making/selling "Diva" pens. If there is a weak transmission, I will drop it. Has anyone else had a problem with trans failure on the Diva?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I honestly think you actually answered your own question. These trannys all have either a plastic or small brass pair of pins that ride in the helixes as you rotate it. If you need to tighten them with pliers, you are likely to break the pins and the mech will just spin. I'm not familiar with the kit, but does the tranny need to be removed to change the refill? If the nib end can unscrew then all you need to do is find an alternate method of securing the tranny. I tiny drop of Loc-tite should do the trick.:wink:

PenMan1

Divas are big sellers with BIGGER problems!

This thread has dropped off the radar after 89 views and 2 responses. I need to decide to continue or stop making/selling "Diva" pens. If there is a weak transmission, I will drop it. Has anyone else had a problem with trans failure on the Diva?

Divas are very big sellers here! I have made about 20 or so and sold them all, UNFORTUNATELY, every one has been returned for repair. Some for the crystals popping out, many for broken links that hold the big crystal at the top and several transmission failures.

I am facing the same delima. They sell well, but do not hold up well at all. One problem is that the tube is actually too short to allow the refill to work properly (point sticks out too far and eventually pushes the pen apart). Using a slightly longer tube (Sierra tube, I think) makes them hold up a little better.

Last edited:

RAdams

Banned
This is one CARAZY thread to read....... diva Trannies with their tips too far out for Mark's taste??!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

I am totally unfamiliar with the Diva kit, so I have no helpful knowledge of the OP. I just had to comment about the Diva trannies.

Mark

Ron, I'm happy to have made you laugh. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I've sold 29 of these pens and have two more sitting on the table to deliver.. The Diva is very popular. I'm knocking on wood, I've had zero returns so far.

I'll try extending the tube slightly on a couple, to see if I can make an appreciable difference in the tip extension. :)

Top Bottom