dissasemble bolt action

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mwhatch

If I take the tip off the front end, can I use a punch to remove the bolt section without damageing it.

Thanks
Morton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

Morton, you need to loosen the screw that holds the breech bolt handle , then remove the handle prior to using the punch. Otherwise you will break the handle.

mwhatch

Thank you. I have successfully taken the pen apart and am now able to refinish the body. I am glad to know I am not the only one that has to do this. And let me say, the HF punch set worked great. I could not have done it without them.

Morton

rsulli16

Hi
+1 on the hf punch set, you will soon wonder how you lived without them. good for lots of other stuff beside diassembling pens :)
Sulli

orlandopens

disassemble bolt action

Okay, I just joined the "broke the breach bolt" club. Don't want to do it again. The broken bolt appears to be threaded. Does the breach bolt unscrew? Does it need to be "persuaded"? As in unsrewed with a pair of pliers.

maxman400

Okay, I just joined the "broke the breach bolt" club. Don't want to do it again. The broken bolt appears to be threaded. Does the breach bolt unscrew? Does it need to be "persuaded"? As in unsrewed with a pair of pliers.

Look down in the cap, there is a small phillips screw. Remove that, and the bolt should come out.
I have done 5 of these in last couple of days. All I do is loosen the small Phillips screw (not necessary to remove) then un-screw the bolt handle, the shaft is quite long, once the bolt is out the slide will come right out along with the screw. Then you can use the punch to remove the pressed in brass piece that holds the clip on. I then use a dermel to make a new notch for the clip on the opposite side, repress the brass sleeve and re-assemble with bolt in corrected position.

Top Bottom