Display/Carying Case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Which display/carying case would you guys recommend for pens bigger than slimlines (Euro style size)?

I bought one from PSI and made the mistake of buying one for slimlines. Might have to buy another from them for the bigger pens but decided to inquire here first.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

There's one that Anthony (Penworks) sells, and which Ed Davidson (yoyospin) was reselling to benefit his turning club. It will hold cigar size pens without a problem, though you do have to use every other loop when using the cigars.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I use the 30 pen case that CSU sells http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-8300
050-8300.jpg

Not only can I carry a nice selection of pens (it even fits the Barons nicely), but it doubles as my display at the market when I put it up on a plate display stand...
I will try to remember to take my camera to the market this weekend and photograph the set up... not fancy but it works for me...

Dario

Tom,

The one I have is the same, it works if I alternate the pens and also alternate the ones from the cover so they'll not hit each other when I close it. I can also put slimlines in between but it is a hassle.. I'll probably buy the 30 pen case unit.

Thanks.

KKingery

I went the cheap route and bought one of those roll-up carry pouches from CSUSA. Honestly, it's not the best solution. I'm going to opt for the same case Tom uses. The problem with the roll up pouch, is once it's full of pens, it does'nt roll up very well. Oh well, live and learn.

butcherofwood

I made my own out of 1/4 hardboard and some vinyl I bought at fabric store, Note: only do this if you have alot of spare time, extremely labor intensive.
Just a suggestion.

darbytee

Dario, there's also a thread here from William Young showing a display case he built a while back that was really nicely designed. I think a few people "borrowed" his design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom