Disassembly of European pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hughbie

i recently made a euro pen and the barrel cracked and a piece fell off. i know what i did wrong and want to reuse the kit. i can get the nib off the lower section but the entire upper section boggles my mind. the transmission is located in the top. it used a parker stlye refill.

any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hughbie

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Invest in the HF puch set is most likely the answer to be given here. The set is very useful to disassemle Euros and other pen styles.

-Peter-[:)]
i just did today. that's how i got the nib off.....but with the transmission in the top and a VERY thin hole to go through, that punck set doesn't go thin enough.
i guess i could cut through the top just below the finial and then punch out from there.....hhmmmmmmmmm
thanks for your reply

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hugh,

When you assembled the pen, you pushed the top over the transmission, while it was screwed on the tranny-holder. NOW, PULL the top OFF the transmission!!

You may find a rubber "gripper" helpful and you WILL find out how strong you aren't!! But, persistence should pay![:D][:D][:D]

Oh, yeah........ a friend of mine told me this would work, I, of course, have NEVER experienced such a problem!![:(][:(][:(][;)][;)][;)]

sfines

I have a pen disassembly kit that came from CSUSA, and it's got a barrel thin enough to go through the transmission and push the end cap off, which will allow you to slide a larger punch through the end and remove the transmission.

Firefyter-emt

FYI, what I would do is to buy new tubes and carefully use a dremmel tool of a hand file and once the wood is "flaked off" file thru the brass tube until it "pops" and then you can just remove it by hand. No chance of damage at all to the hardware.

Firefyter-emt

True, but if taken apart they way I mentioned there is no stress on the tranny at all. The only down side is you have to use new tubes, but it's cheaper than a new kit. The dremmel method can be used at all 4 ends and the hardware will just fall out.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by hughbie
<br />thanks gang..........it's listed in my hall of shame.......ya gotta learn from your mistakes or you're bound to repeat them.

Disasters are part of the game. Or, so I've been told. [;)]
Save the parts and move on. Do consider losses in your pricing forumula if you intend to sell and especially if you want to make a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom