Disassembly of bolt action

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

I finally made my first bolt actions and promptly dropped one on concrete. Of course, the pen has a dent in the nib section requiring me to replace.

What suggestions can you offer on disassembling the pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
My suggestion would be to use the "Search" function as this has come up several dozen times...sorry if you felt you were the first :(

beck3906

Jim, of course you are correct. But a search for "disassemble bolt action" shows a few comments with the most relevant back in March or so. There are a couple from 2012 and between that have the same comment about taking the screw out that retains the bolt handle.

Now, don't you think there could be someone with a new idea they could present since early this year? Or maybe I could spend way too much time doing searches for key words other than "disassemble bolt action" just to prevent you from making your usual comment of "Do a search".

One day you may learn to give it rest and not make a comment when you don't need to.

Bean_Counter

Rick first thing is take the bolt out and take the whole thing (finial) apart. If you ream it with the bolt In you will snap the bolt off. Other than its straight forward like dissembling any other pen with transfer punches

Last edited:
Top Bottom