disassembling the SLimline Pro gel click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jzerger

Since I realized, from experience, that at least one of the tubes needs to be shortened to make the refill stick out far enough to make it "look" like a pen, I'm attempting to disassemble the ones I already finished. The white plastic clicker mechanism is pressed into the upper end (held in by the clip) and the other end has the recessed coupler. The two barrels are pressed together with the center band piece. I need to separate the barrels or get the clip off from the outside...any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tage

I'm looking for how to do this as well. I have one that needs the clicker replaced, but that configuration precludes the ability to use a punch to get it out. I'll be eagerly following this thread. Thanks for posting.

76winger

I'm looking for an answer on this as well, as I've run into the same problem as well. I've got one that the clicker has broken and the button has been lost.

I'm going to order a kit to replace parts anyway so I'm not overly concerned about breaking another part, although I don't want to destroy the tubes and body.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get this bugger apart?

jzerger

I got lucky (I guess) on two of the pens I took apart as I was able to grab a barrel in each hand and by twisting and pulling I was able to get one of the barrels to come apart. Contrary to (some say) popular belief, cursing does help (I suppose the tennis grunts may work too). Once my sore muscles heal, I'll try the other one. Good Luck!

76winger

I got lucky (I guess) on two of the pens I took apart as I was able to grab a barrel in each hand and by twisting and pulling I was able to get one of the barrels to come apart. Contrary to (some say) popular belief, cursing does help (I suppose the tennis grunts may work too). Once my sore muscles heal, I'll try the other one. Good Luck!

I've tried this but my doesn't budge. It seems something is needed that could go through the smaller hole of the pressed-in parts, then be expanded to fit the inside diameter of the (8mm) tube so it will connect with the edges of those pressed in parts.

The only other thing I can think of is to drill file out a part, destroying it in the process.

Last edited:

SteveG

I have not done this on the particular kit in question, but since the nib piece will unscrew, you can use a punch to insert and tap to remove the certerband/coupler from the lower barrel. The you can tap out the nib coupler. From the way pen is assembled, you may have to mess up the CB to pull it out of the upper barrel (pull using pliers). The plunger button should unscrew out of the top. Then push the plastic parts firmly (NO TAPPING)out the end where the CB was residing. Then you can tap out the plunger guide which releases the clip at the same time. This all should work, and the price is loosing the CB/coupler...get another from PSI. This IS a hard pen to disassemble, and not one to give it up without destroying one part!

Top Bottom