Disassembling a Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AngryRhino

I need to disassemble the cap portion of a full sized Majestic. I can knock the final out easy enough, however, the centerband and that full length plastic tube is another story. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to come out.

I've tried using my transfer punches, to no avail.

(Note: It was a typical PSI tight fit going in, and shaved a very minute sheet of plastic as it went.)

Any advice on what I can do to get that sucker out of there?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
If you really can't push it out, then you may need to split the tube with a Stanley knife and then get a set of new tubes.

yaroslaw

Try pushing plastic threads insert "inside out" with screwed in part that goes there by default. "Inside out" means that you push it further same direction you've inserted it, until it gets out from other side.

johncrane

If you're just gripping the pen barrel with your bare hands and hitting a center punch with a hammer it will be very hard, you can get a much better grip on a pen barrel when using a Rubber Grip Mat and use a steel block on you work bench to hit the punch against.The Majestic are a really over tight fitting i sand the brass tube down a tad and use smear of vaseline on the black plastic tube before pushing it into the brass tube this stops the problems your having.the photo of Rubber grip matt

Attachments

• IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 167
I actually dis-assemblied my first one successfully last week and saved the blank. When you use the transfer punches the metal part of the center band will puch out some, use a pair of rubber coated pliers and twist it until it comes off, it will. Then get about a 7/16" standard drill bit, not a brad point(I can't remember the exect size but 7/16") was close. Then I used a piece of rubber like you use to take a cap off a glass jar to hold the blank. In the drill press on the lowest speed lift the blank into the bit and drill out the plastic. Once you get the cent of the plastic band out the rest will easily puch out with a punch.

You can buy a new plastic piece from Ed at Exotic Blanks for for $3.50, he list them as Emperor, but it will fit the Majestic.

Good luck Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom