Disassembling a baron OR How stupid can I be?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMGg

Put myself behind the [8]:
I made a big dumba** mistake -- I assembled the lower barrel w/o the trim pieces. [B)]
Since the inserts are the same diameter, how do you disassmble one of these?

I got it done and the pen turned out really good, but I think I was very lucky so I'd like to know how to do it properly. ;)

Thanks,
- G -

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK Gary, inside information, here ya go:

DON'T assemble pens in your SLEEP!!! We've all done it, don't do it AGAIN!!!!

Fangar

I usually use a knock out rod after placing the small threaded cap on one end. Take the spring our first and a few firm whacks and it will work free. Then switch to the larger size rod for the other side. Works well for me.

Fangar

pete00

Gary...Gary....Gary

This may come as a shock but there have been a couple floks here that have had to diassemble a pen because of a "moment of Not-Right-Ness"
Not to worry..but dont be supprised if the moment returns again....[:D]

Fangar's "and a few firm whacks and it will work free" made me have a flash back.....http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14045

mrcook4570

If you have any of the original Jr gents or Jr statesmen, they had a treaded plug with them that will also fit the barons. Works great for disassembly as well as assembly to keep from crushing the threads.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />If you have any of the original Jr gents or Jr statesmen, they had a treaded plug with them that will also fit the barons. Works great for disassembly as well as assembly to keep from crushing the threads.
Just got 10 Statesman Jr and none had a threaded plug!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />
Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />If you have any of the original Jr gents or Jr statesmen, they had a treaded plug with them that will also fit the barons. Works great for disassembly as well as assembly to keep from crushing the threads.
Just got 10 Statesman Jr and none had a threaded plug!!!

It didn't serve any real purpose, but was reassuring to use it when "squeezing" the threaded parts in.

martyb

Acutally, they do, you just don't notice it. The tapered end is actually threaded onto a plug. You may have to grip the insert with something non-marring then you can spin the tapered end off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom