Disassemble Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ts8181

I saw somewhere but cannot find it now about a punch set from HF to take pens apart. Anybody know and what one to get?
Thanks, Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I got mine at Harbor Freight, there may be a sotre locally of possibly you can get online. You can probably get the set at a box store but may be more expensive.

TDE

They are called transfer punches. They will fit almost every size pen tube we use. They can be found lots of places but not for $10.00 like the ones at HF. Have a good day, Ted:)

Pitoon

I saw somewhere but cannot find it now about a punch set from HF to take pens apart. Anybody know and what one to get?
Thanks, Tim

I can't remember the rules regarding posting links to other sites, however if you go to HF and search "28 Piece Transfer Punch Set " you will find what you are looking for.

I bought this same set and have taken apart several pens with it. The ends do receive some damage, but nothing a grinder can't fix.

Pitoon

LeeR

I just bought the HF transfer punch set and used it to take apart the very first pen I turned. I had used a friction polish, and wanted to refinish the blanks. Worked great for that.

It is also handy to use one of the punches to hold blanks while buffing them.

I found a 25% off coupon in a magazine, so I got them for $7.50. This set is certainly as good as most any other sets you'd find, since they all basically look the same (as does much of the tooling coming from China).

For power tools, I do not buy from HF any longer. The only tool that seemed of decent quality was the 7X10 mini metal lathe I bought almost 10 years ago. I am sure there are still a few gems in their inventory, but most that I look at just look and feel cheap.

Their worst products are there "one handed" clamps that sell for a few dollars. I worked at a shop that had a lot of these, and I broke 2 one day. Both had their head snapped off when they fell off the workbench onto the floor!

Marko50

For power tools, I do not buy from HF any longer. The only tool that seemed of decent quality was the 7X10 mini metal lathe I bought almost 10 years ago. I am sure there are still a few gems in their inventory, but most that I look at just look and feel cheap.

Amen to that Lee. Occasionally you will find a gem at HF, such as disposable nitrile gloves. There's other stuff too, but the power tools are…well….I can't say that word on this forum.:eek:

WriteON

Amen to that Lee. Occasionally you will find a gem at HF, such as disposable nitrile gloves. There's other stuff too, but the power tools are…well….I can't say that word on this forum.:eek:

HF. ..... Horror Fright

Top Bottom