Dis-assembling A Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jmbaker79

I use this set from HF. Has any size I have needed. Easy taps with a hammer and most of them will come apart without too much trouble.

crokett

I will look at the HF punch. The problem is going to be taking the parts out of the top half. I might be able to get the top cap out so I can use a punch on the threaded sleeve. I will work on it tomorrow I may have the punches laying around.

Has anybody ever used this kit? The click mechanism isn't working and I am not sure why. when I push the button, it doesn't move.

jzerger

After looking at the instructions, and having had some click pen issues of my own, here is my experience (there are many others on here who have lots more experience than I).

The biggest pain with this type of click pen (for me) is to get the top barrel separated from the connector in the middle: I grasp both barrels and with some twisting and pulling accompanied bouts of frustration and not-for-children colorful adjectives have managed to disconnect them. After removing screwed on (chrome) clicker and the little spring,
The plastic mechanism needs to come out through the middle (the bottom of the top barrel. Since the plastic piece is tapered I can usually manage this by sticking the ink refill in and pulling(coaxing) it out. From there it's a matter of tapping out the clip-insert and the nib-insert (the HF punches or the right size bolt or whatever just fits in the tube).

As to why it wasn't clicking: make sure the white plastic mechanism is put together right...the inner piece needs to be free to move in the outer one so it will "plunge". The refill sometimes needs to be twisted just right so it's making the right contact with the plunger.
Hope this gives you some ideas...good luck.

crokett

thanks, I am also going to call Woodcraft. The original set of tubes I used on some mulberry blanks and one of the blanks blew up. I used the other blank to measure and cut some replacement tubes to length. It might be the tube for the top half is too short so I will check that with WC today. This pen for some reason just does NOT want to get made. A mulberry blank blew up, then the acrylic lost a chunk and now it doesn't work.

Top Bottom