Dip pen inserts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

This is really starting to P me off. I have been looking for almost a year for the inserts to make a dip pen for my Sister-in-law. The dip pen I bought to use as a model has a small cylander inserted into a hollow on the dip end. The nib fits snugly between the cylander and the wall of the pen.

No one seems to carry the inserts anymore. Any clue how to do this without the inserts?

PenMan1

If Exotic Blanks and Golden Nib have exhausted their supplies, go to any Hobby Lobby and look in the drafting, lettering and Caligraphy section. The carry both the very inexpensive and better Speed Ball line. Additionally, on-line companies like Dick Blick and othr art supply companies companies keep them as well.

If that fails, I likely still have 10 or 15 number five nibs and holders. I could spare one.

Charlie_W

A couple of years ago, I purchased some music nibs and bought a pack of nib holders which slid into a 7mm tube. The nib just slides in or pulls out to change nibs. This works well as a closed end dip pen. Any 7mm tube will work. I do not see the steel nib holders on Golden Nib's site now but you sure can contact them.

I should have a pic somewhere.....

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Not sure if they are what you want, but I have 8 inserts to hold dip nibs I got for, I think it was Anthony, several years ago. IIRC all you do is drill a 1/4" hole about 3/4" deep in the blank and press it in.
They are yours if you want them. PM me your address.

Top Bottom