Dilema

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have been asked to make a Pen using the Refill from the Sarasa Gel Pens, the reason for this is that the Customer likes that particular colour of Ink. It has to be a Click Style Pen, I have chosen to use the Long Click from William Woodwrite because of it's long one piece barrel. My dilema is that the Long Click is a Parker Style refill and a little shorter that the Sarasa Refill, what is the best way to calculate how much longer to make the barrel? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

I am just shooting from the hip here but in my mind I am thinking that you could just add the difference in length of the two refills to the barrel. i.e. if the Parker is 3.25 and the Sarasa is 3.5 just add .25 to the length of the barrel to take just the extra length of the Sarasa refill. Just thinking out loud.

OOPS

I have a friend who often dabbles with making kits just a bit longer. He sometimes finds it useful to use a scrap piece of wood as a mock-up to see if it all works. If the kit is a 3/8" tube, for instance, he drills a larger hole into the mock-up. All the kit pieces slide into the hole, (minus the tubes) so none are ruined, but he can get an idea of whether he has the right length or not.

Barry Gross always has a set of parts for every kit he makes, where he has sanded down the press-in parts so they will slide in easily, and also come out easily. While this ruins the one kit, he finds it valuable to test assemble various ideas. It also shows whether your blank will fit flush to the hardware.

I hope these ideas are of some help to you.

Top Bottom