Digital photo help...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Just turned this comfort pen from mesquite that I got from someone.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing that makes the background come out the color it is..? The pen is laying on a blue cloth. I am using two GE Reveal Bulbs in lamps positioned above and to each side of the cloth. It doesn't make a diff if I use macro mode or straight lens, the color comes out the same.

Thanks,
JohnPayton

Image Insert:
200491805024_Mesquite_3.jpg

89.82KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

YoYoSpin

John,

Digital photography can be tricky, and each camera model has it's own little quirks. That's why it’s important to keep your good ol’ photo editor close at hand. I used Paint Shop Pro 7 to color correct your photo...is this closer to what it really looks like?

01.jpg

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
yes it is...that's pretty darn close to what it should look like. didn't even think about correcting it like you did.
i thought it was the positioning of the lights, or maybe the lights themselves, to much light, not enough light, mabye just need new camera...? all in all, though, i guess it would be better - and easier to use PSP.

i think i still need to work on the light position though, maybe i can get rid of that glare line.

thanks a bunch,
JohnPayton

Daniel

Ed,
Would you have a step by step of just what you did to correct this photo.
great job by the way.
nice pen as well. I have found almost all macro photos have to be corrected in some maner, the good news is that once you get your set up and lighting repeatable, the correction becomes a matter of clicking the correct series of buttons. it actually becomes menotinous. but once in a while you will get a color combination that requires some thinking to get corrected.

YoYoSpin

Daniel,

Sure...Open your photo file in Paint Shop Pro, then go: Effects/Enhance Photo/Automatic Color Balance.

Another correction I use a lot, for dark photos, is: Effects/Enhance Photo/Fade Correction.

wayneis

John your white balance is not set properly. If you are going to use the reveal incdenence light, it looks as though you have it set for auto. Try going into your camera menue and choose white balance or lighting, then set it for incandesence or fine.Some cameras also have some adjustments that you can adjust up or down to go along with the first. You may also be able to set the white balance manually by using a white card or med. gray card.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom