Different Sizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Irish Pat

I bought a few Lucida kits from Timberbit,great service by the way,but I noticed that the tubes are a lot thinner than the sierra kit.I have also bought in the past sierra kits from a company in china who says that the sierra tubes and there Elegant beauty tubes are the same size which they are.Can anyone confirm if they ever came across this before.

Mikie

Hi Irish Pat, Timber bit Lucida and Elegant Beauty require a 9mm drill bit. Some other suppliers also call their pen kit Sierra Elegant Beauty and they require a 27/64" drill bit. I agree, Timberbits offer an excellent service.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Most Sierra and sierra style kits use 27/64th drill bits and have essentially the same diameter tubes. There are however sometimes differences in the wall thickness of the tubes so parts from one suppliers kits will rarely if ever be guaranteed to fit anothers although in most cases they will. There are also sometimes very small differences in tube length that can prevent tubes from one kit being a perfect fit in another. This is because there are at least 5 or 6 different companies manufacturing these kits.

zig613

I bought a few Lucida kits from Timberbit,great service by the way,but I noticed that the tubes are a lot thinner than the sierra kit.I have also bought in the past sierra kits from a company in china who says that the sierra tubes and there Elegant beauty tubes are the same size which they are.Can anyone confirm if they ever came across this before.

Irish Pat,

I just received an order of Lucida kits from Timberbit. I did a quick check of the Lucida tube size vs. the CSUSA Aero (Elegant Beauty by Dayacom) tubes. The Lucida tubes are slightly shorter (maybe an 1/8") than the Aero tube but, the inside diameter is the same. My bushings from John fit in perfectly.

Wade

Last edited:
Top Bottom