A different Jr Stateman II 'problem'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

KC

Different than the threads...which I've also noticed. I think I bought (and made) 20 Jr Statesman II, and 30 Jr Gents. On probably half of the Jr Statesman, the top/clip assembly won't tighten down to where the clip won't rotate quite freely When put together before assembly, the clip appears to be fully 'seated' against the top...and I'm pressing them with as much as I've got. If I can get it tight enough where you have to TRY to rotate the clip it doesn't bother me too much...but some of them will spin with incidental contact. The top doesn't feel 'tight' going in...it just doesn't ever 'grab' and hold the clip in place. OTOH, some of the tops I can press in with finger pressure (these I spot glue)...so I wonder if there's a machining issue with that piece?? Didn't notice a problem with any of the Jr Gents. I'm not using a barrel trimmer on these, so I'm not reaming out the tube accidentally....

?? KC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nilsatcraft

Hi KC,
I'm sorry to hear about the looseness of the clips on your pens. Occasionally, pens will be a bit loose when assembled. In this case, the spot gluing that you had mentioned is the best way to take care of it. Although this isn't normally necessary, it's not a bad idea if you think there is any chance of a part becoming loose in the future or if you notice some looseness right away.

KC

The extreme range of too lose to too tight to press in fully are what makes me wonder about a manufacturing/tolerance problem.

ograywolf

Adding to the clip discussion, I have found that the Platinum plated ones are very very tight to press the cap through the clip ring. No problem with the Titanium. Some of them I gently reamed out because I felt I was putting too much pressure on the assembly just to get it crammed togehter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom